Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Penguin has landed!


Got up this morning at around 7 and as is my habit, grabbed my iPad to check email and Facebook. Lo and behold, John has changed his profile photo to this:

It was about midnight there but I noticed him on Google Talk and had a quick chat session with him. They landed at McMurdo around 4 PM (local time). He reports the flight was good, other than the fact that one of his new suitcases got cracked.

We didn't chat for a long time; he starts work tomorrow at 10 AM, and it sounds like they have fairly long work days. His travel day was long -- their shuttle to the airport picked them up at 3:15 AM. I'm hoping for a long email once he's got his bearings.

I suspect the next couple of days will be jarringly weird.

Good luck, John!

No comments:

Post a Comment